Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Welcome to Steve Malpezzi's Real Estate and Urban Development Viewpoint

 

About me, about this blog


I'm Professor Emeritus of Real Estate and Urban Land Economics, late of the James A. Graaskamp Center for Real Estate in the Wisconsin School of Business, at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.

This blog focuses on cities, real estate markets (especially housing, but we'll discuss nonresidential real estate too!), economic development, data analysis and presentation, environmental issues, and a host of related subjects.  Business and public policy issues are a big part of the discussion.  I'm an economist by training, but I've got a little political science background too, and in fact I'll squeeze in a little psychology, geography, and other social sciences from time to time.

I'm starting this blog up as I begin the next phase of my career.  As an Emeritus, I've retired from the day-to-day activities of the University (no more committee meetings!), but I'm far from quitting!

This is not my first foray into blogging.  Along with a number of Graaskamp Center colleagues, several years ago I was a frequent contributor to Wisconsin Real Estate Viewpoint.  That blog has been inactive for a while, for reasons that are totally uninteresting to most readers; though I think there are some interesting posts that still repay reading today.  From time to time I'll point a few of those out, refresh some others.  But mostly, we'll be very forward looking.

So, for now, welcome!

SM


6 comments:

  1. hank you for posting the great content…I was looking for something like this…I found it quiet interesting, hopefully you will keep posting such blogs….Keep sharing
    Real Estate Investors Group

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and impressive information about the real estate. Thank you very much for the sharing.

    Properties for sale in coimbatore | Flats for sale in coimbatore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well and informative content given about Welcome to Steve Malpezzi's Real Estate and Urban Development Viewpoint. Thanks for given this information here about this blog.
    1bhk Flats in Singanallur

    ReplyDelete
  4. Appreciate the write-up & a must read for home buyers. I really liked the way you explained about Real Estate and Urban Development Viewpoint.

    If you expect to get possession of your home in time, no project delays, cost-effective purchase, affordable property prices, good construction quality and a secure living in the new villa/house, then you can definitely go for Nest Habitation (www.nesthabitation.com) which have the perfect house/villa for you at a perfect location and will provide the right motivation to home buyers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mice blog Bali properti : Rumah , tanah, properti dijual dan disewakan di Bali - Indonesia www.dijualrumahtanahbali.com

    ReplyDelete